Sunday, April 15, 2012
Administrative Professionals aren’t above joking around. They are full of humor, and it’s often their humor that keeps the office stress-free and fun. Whenever you’re having a down day, it’s your assistant or office manager who steps in and keeps everything running smoothly. They don’t necessarily even have to make a joke or do anything humorous—instead, they simply make sure to keep as much from you as possible so you can ride out your bad day with as little stress as possible.
Sadly, not everyone appreciates their administrative professionals. Here are five of the worse quotes made by bosses over the years.
"Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do the work." - John G. Pollard
"Happy is the man with a wife to tell him what to do and a secretary to do it." - Lord Mancroft
"I think any man in business would be foolish to fool around with his secretary. If it's somebody else's secretary, fine." - Barry Goldwater
"Millionaires are marrying their secretaries because they are so busy making money they haven’t time to see other girls." - Doris Lilly
"When things haven’t gone well for you, call in a secretary or a staff man and chew him out. You will sleep better and they will appreciate the attention." - Lyndon B. Johnson
Obviously, you don’t want to say anything like that to your administrative professional this year! Instead, give them flowers! We’ll even help. Take $10 off if you order flowers for your administrative professional between now and April 20. Just use code BL2 at check-out.
Monday, March 19, 2012
• Enjoy the great outdoors! After being cooped up all winter, isn’t it nice to be outside without the heavy coat, gloves, and scarf? You can have a picnic, take a walk in the park, visit a local botanical garden, or just sit outdoors and enjoy the lovely warm weather.
• Visit your local zoo. Now’s the time to spend the day seeing the animals while it’s warm but not too hot. The animals tend to stay in the shade during the hot summer months, but they’re more active in spring. It’s also a lot easier on you.
• Go to a local water park or swimming pool. If you have your own swimming pool, now’s the time to clean it out and go for the first swim of the year.
• Clean out your flowerbeds and garden. While that’s not exactly a fun chore, it will be fun to see your flowers and vegetables grow.
• Start exercising outdoors. Instead of running on a treadmill or using a stationary bike, go for a jog or ride through your neighborhood.
• Do some spring cleaning. Again, it’s work, but you’ll love having your closets cleaned out, and changing up your décor for the spring will give your whole house a new, fresh feeling.
• Buy yourself a new spring outfit. Looking good makes you feel good, and shopping is fun!
• If you have a dog, take him out to the park. Play some fetch and let him run around. You’ll both have a lot of fun, and it gets you outdoors.
• Put a bouquet of fresh flowers in your room to bring the scents and sights of spring into your home. We can help by delivering spring flowers in Raritan, NJ, right to your doorstep!
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Valentine Flower Guide for the Romantically Challenged + Free Delivery on February 10, Offer Expires 2/6
What flowers do you get?
Roses – they’re traditional
Tulips – rare colored tulips can especially look great
Orchids – they’re minimal, simple, and sexy
Dahlia – these flowers signify passion and romance
Hyacinth – a fragrant and colorful option
Iris – these make a unique Valentine’s Day arrangement
Carnations – they’re often cheaper than roses, and they’re available in many colors and varieties
Her favorite – it’s personal!
A mixture – you don’t have to go with just one flower. Talk to a florist about creating a unique bouquet for your love.
Other things to consider:
You don’t have to go with red roses. Roses come in many colors. Maybe get her a dozen in her favorite color? But color does matter. Red roses mean romance and love, while yellow roses mean friendship. That may not be the message you want to send (unless she loves yellow).
If you’re getting her a large arrangement or full bouquet, give it to her at the start of the date. Otherwise, she’s going to have to carry it around, and that can both get tiring and ruin the flowers. If you want something to give her later, how about a single rose?
Avoid plastic wrap. If you’re giving her a bouquet that’s not in a vase, a rubber band around the stems covered by a ribbon is enough. Plastic looks cheap and makes that loud, annoying noise.
Bigger isn’t always better. Sure, three dozen red roses might look amazing, but she might be more touched by a small bouquet of her favorite flowers, especially if those flowers are out of season in February.
Don’t go overboard with extras. Don’t add too many ribbons, balloons, or other extras to a simple, classy bouquet.
Always add a note (handwritten if you’re giving her the flowers in person) to your bouquet. You don’t have to write a sonnet or anything—a simple “I love you” or “Happy Valentine’s Day” is enough.
Still aren’t sure what to get? We can help with all of your Valentine’s Day flowers in Raritan, NJ, and if you’re interested in beating the crowd, we’re offering free delivery on February 10! This offer expires on Feb. 6th, so hurry. Just use discount code BLF when ordering.
Friday, January 20, 2012
While Valentine’s Day flowers are definitely important, they’re not the only thing you’ll want to get for this romantic day. There are many different aspects of Valentine’s Day to cover. If you’re making a list and checking it twice (whoops, wrong holiday), here’s everything you need to cover:
Dinner – if you’re going out, make your reservations ASAP. If you’re staying in, go ahead and plan the meal you know what groceries you need.
The Activity – If you’re doing more than dinner, be sure to get tickets or make reservations if you need to. Valentine’s Day concerts tend to sell out quickly.
The Gifts – In addition to flowers, you might want to get her a cute stuffed animal or a box of her favorite chocolates. Shop early for a better selection. You don’t want to get stuck choosing from leftovers.
After the Date – What are you doing after dinner and the other activities you have planned? If you’re going back to your place, have wine, soft music, and maybe even a dessert ready.
Valentine’s Day isn’t just for flowers, it’s for so much more. It’s a time to really connect with your partner, to talk, to spend the evening together doing something you both love. It’s NOT a time to leave things to the last minute or go in unprepared. If you want to make it a great day, go all out and make your plans early so nothing goes wrong.
But while Valentine’s Day isn’t just for flowers, flowers are still an important tradition. If you order for Valentine’s Day before January 24th, you can save $10. Order now and we’ll deliver Valentine’s Day flowers in Raritan, NJ to your sweet heart! You can use check out code BLJ.